Launched in 2023, The Surfrider Sprints is an overlay to already existing Connecticut SUP race events. The Sprints help to link and promote all of the Connecticut paddle races with an exciting, spectator friendly and good-natured skills competition. Sprints are SUP-only, head-to-head heats on a short, single-turn, out and back course single elimination format where the winner advances and the loser is eliminated.
The 2023 season was a huge success, and we can't wait to do it again in 2024!
The races below are existing events, with the Surfrider Sprints as an add-on taking place after the main event.
The following races are confirmed, with more to be added:
Our Sprints are a single elimination format for standup paddleboards only, where the winner advances and loser is eliminated.
• Paddlers go head-to-head, racing on a short, single-turn course
• Heats are gender specific and seating is a random draw
• Number of heats is determined by number of entries
• One male and one female overall winner is awarded a custom paddle per event
• Event points are also accrued, as an incentive for racers to attend multiple events and to
be crowned Surfrider Sprint Champion (to receive free race entries in 2024)
More details to come - stay tuned!